Sunday, January 5, 2020

Prospect Park: Varied Thrush

I tried earlier in the week before work with Mike Zito to see this bird but didn't have any luck.  Just saw a late Phoebe.  When the bird was reported in the morning, I figured I had a better chance to see it considering it was the weekend and more birders would be looking for it.  I drove to Prospect Park which I usually avoid doing and when I got there, no one knew where it was.  A few other birders next to me and I heard someone shout they had the bird so we ran over where they were.  It was uphill from the bridge and I was able to get "good enough" looks at it.  Nice to get a lifer but I have to say the overall experience wasn't pleasant.  The ride sucked, most of the other birders seemed rude and some guy wouldn't shut up about his knowledge about Varied Thrushes.  It was time to go after getting a few crappy shots.  Not the way I like to start birding in the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment