Saturday, June 13, 2020

Sterling Forest/ Ironwood Road: Golden Winged Warbler, Brewster's Warbler

So I was upstate NY and stopped at Sterling Forest...I met another birder who gave me advice where to find a few pairs of GW Warblers and possibly a Brewster's.  It took a little while but finally found what I thought was a GW, but after I left I had some doubts - the song didn't seem like anything I heard from online for a GW.  I posted on "Whats this Bird" which confirmed my suspicions that it was a Brewster's.  OK, I have to drive back now.  I went back and refound the Brewster's and saw another warbler that flew towards me into a tree/ bush.  I did see the black throat so have to assume it was a Golden Winged.  There's more to my trip including calling Ravens and other birds, also helped 2 other birders see the Brewster's.  Here's a few photos - I was happy to finally see a Broad Winged that was perched.


Brewsters
Brewster's
presumed Golden Winged
Broad Winged Hawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment