Friday, December 17, 2021

Northern Lapwing!

 Word got out that a Northern Lapwing was seen at Santapogue Creek where the Long Billed Dowitchers winter.  Weird thing is I was thinking about Northern Lapwings a few days before.  I remember there were 2 seen years before at Montauk.  I drove as fast and safely as I could to the creek where other birders were and had seen it but it flew off to the nearby golf course after being harassed by a gull. (stupid gull)  I drove around a little around the golf course out of desparation to find it without luck.  I went back to the creek and was ready to give up but decided to try one last drive by the golf course.  Luckily I refound the Lapwing on the southeast corner of the golf course.  It was a really cool looking bird.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment