Monday, August 15, 2022

Rockland County: Anhingha + Great White Heron

 I had the opportunity to go birding before work so I went to try to find the continuing Anhinga and Great White Heron "upstate".  After a little while I found the Great White Heron and was sure it was the target bird because it had a patch of oil or something on it's back.  I went birding by the Piermont? Pier nearby on the Hudson and was surprised to find some sandpipers such as Semi-Palmated and Sem--Palmated Plovers.  I had some extra time before getting to the office and decided to also try for a continuing Anhinga at Old Tappan.  It took me a while and I had to use the scope that luckily was in the car, but I did get to see it.  While not a lifer, I only saw an Anhinga once before years ago in Florida and it was flying high above for about a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment