Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Black Chinned Hummingbird: Randall's Island

 There was a long continuing Black Chinned Hummingbird at Randall's Island, NYC.  It was the first time one had been sighted in New York State. (there was a second unconfirmed sighting at someone's residence a few days later)  I had the chance to go see it before work so I took a different route and stopped at Randall's Island hoping to see a lifer.  I didn't care for Randall's Island and found it difficult to navigate but eventually found the spot where the bird had been reported.  I was discouraged at first but saw something fluttering and it was the target bird.  It gave good looks and didn't seem scared at all.  I was lucky to see the bird by myself and got a few photos and video of it.  As I was leaving it flew up into a tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment