Sunday, April 12, 2015

Valley Stream and Connetquot State Parks, Massapequa Preserve - Yellow Throated Warbler

I got up around sunrise to find the recently reported Yellow Throated Warbler at Valley Stream State Park - didn't see it.  Consolation birds were a pair of Muscovy, Goldfinches, Towhee, Brown Creepers, FOS Towhee etc. and a Ruby Crowned Kinglet or two.

Feeling defeated, I tried my luck at Connetquot State Park where another was recently seen - 2 other birders were near it and I spotted it flying around in a tree.  Got a few good shots before it disappeared. (great looking warbler)  Also seen were Pine Warblers (quite jumpy), Yellow Rumped Warbler, and what could have been Bald Eagles in the distance.  On the lake were some Scaup with some Tree Swallows flying around.

Last stop of the day was Massapequa Preserve where I saw another Pine Warbler, FOS Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher along with the usual Redwing Blackbirds and Grackles.


Muscovy pair
American Goldfinch
Ruby Crowned Kinglet
Hairy Woodpecker
Brown Creeper
Comorants
Yellow Throated Warbler
Yellow Throated Warbler
Yellow Throated Warbler
Pine Warbler
Tree Swallow (I think)
Blue Gray Gnatcatcher
Pine Warbler (Massapequa Preserve)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful series of photos, and I just love the colours in your last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful series of photos, and I just love the colours in your last one!

    ReplyDelete