Monday, April 17, 2017

Lido Beach Preserve

There's been 3 reports of Prothonotary Warblers recently - one each in Brooklyn, Nassau and Queens.  I've seen one up close before in Jersey, but was in poor lighting and would have liked to get a decent photo.  A continuing one was reported again this morning in Lido Preserve so I headed over there ASAP.  I didn't have much time and wasn't finding the bird - no one else had seen it for about an hour, however I got lucky and saw it right before I was about to leave.  In the marsh I saw my FOS presumably Forster's Terns as well as a nice looking Yellow Bellied Sapsucker.

Prothonotary Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been to Lido Beach a long time ago, and would like to go tomorrow. Is the area open to the public? The Wildlife page for the area is confusing regarding access.
    Thanks,
    kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the delay, open to the public, good luck

      Delete