Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Jones Beach Coast Guard area

It's now "sparrow season" so I went to the Coast Guard area since Clay Colored and Lincoln's were reported yesterday - I walked around the hedgerow a few times, a little on the median and a little down the fisherman's path.  Lots of expected birds for this time of year - Yellow Rumps, Kinglets, Phoebes, Tree Swallows, some Palm Warblers.  Saw at least 2 pair of Surf Scoters off the north side of the sandbar, Swamp, Chipping, a Field and lots of Song Sparrows.  I might have seen a Clay Colored Sparrow - stood out from the Chipping Sparrows...One bird caught my eye turned out to be a Pine Warbler.  Highlight of the day was a Lark Sparrow that I found after thinking about Lark Sparrows.  (like my Wilson's Snipe locating method)

No comments:

Post a Comment