Saturday, May 4, 2019

Early Spring Migration (mid April - May)

I haven't had many chances to go birding so I take every opportunity I can get even if it's for a short time in the local (Massapequa) preserve.  The biggest surprise was a female Purple Finch, also saw a Towhee.
 
There has been a Black Necked Stilt at the Nickeron parking lot that has since moved to Lido Preserve. 

Behind Metrotech, Brooklyn, I saw what I believe to be 2 Sandhill Cranes heading west.

I visited Bayard Arboretum and caught a quick glimpse of the annual Yellow Throated Warbler from the entrance. 

Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireos, Baltimore Orioles, Northern Parulas, Chimney Swifts, and Forster's Terns are now obvious in the preserve, also had a male Redstart.  I also saw and heard Baltimore Orioles, Chimney Swifts, and Northern Parulas in my neighborhood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment