Monday, February 5, 2024

Jones Beach Field 10/ Coast Guard Station/ West End

 I went by Jones Beach in the morning to check out any continuing birds/ sightings.  I went to Field 10 where a Short Billed Dowitcher was reported yesterday but wasn't there today.  I saw some Black Bellied Plovers and a Dunlin on the rocks near the NE corner of the parking lot.  Across the channel, I saw 3 continuing Marbled Godwits - I saw them fairly well since it was bright and sunny out.  I headed over to the Coast Guard Station to try to find the continuing Audubon's Warbler and a Murre that was reported yesterday but didn't see/ find them.  I assume at this point the Western Tanager is either hiding a lot or not there any more.  I went around the west end road a few times and the parking lots hoping to see anything unusual or perhaps Snow Buntings which I have not seen yet this season.  I did see a flock of House Finches with one of the males having somewhat orange-ey coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment