Friday, April 26, 2024

Massapequa/ Massapequa Preserve

 I had some time before work so went to the present for a while - went to my local birding "patch" by the Pittsburgh Ave entrance.  I was tired but heard an odd bird singing outside that motivated me getting outside even though it was chilly out.  Found the bird right away that turned out to be a House Wren checking out my 2 bird houses and feeder.  Hopefully it makes a home in one of them.

At the preserve I heard then eventually saw my FOS Yellow Warblers.  Also heard a Towhee and saw my FOS Catbird.  There was a swan on the pond that relentlessly chased down a Canada Goose - another Canada Goose also joined in picking on the goose - not nice.

When I got home, I heard and saw a Kingfisher fly over my house - might be a yard bird first, have to check a list I keep (if I can find it).

No comments:

Post a Comment