Friday, December 9, 2016

Aquebogue: Rufous Hummingbird

There has been reports of one and then two Selasphorus hummingbird at someone's feeders out east...I had a chance to visit so I took the drive out there.  The homeowner (Maragaret) was very gracious and welcoming - when I arrived I heard the bird had just been seen so I was thinking I missed it.  After a short wait the Rufous (most likely) Hummingbird made an appearance at the feeder - another birder confirmed both birds were present. (subtle differences between the two I think)  Was great to see a lifer and Margaret gave my son some hot cocoa to help stay warm since it was cold out.  I thanked the homeowner with a bottle of wine.  I had a Red Dog to celebrate my new life bird when I got home.

Rufous Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment