Saturday, January 7, 2017

Nyack Beach State Park: Trumpeter Swan

I drove my wife to a work-related conference in Rye so I took the opportunity to go a little farther to see a reported Trumpeter Swan at Nyack Beach State Park.  Upon driving down into the parking lot I immediately saw the swan from a distance.  My kids and I got out and walked closer to where the swan was.  It wandered near us so I got good looks at it and even heard it vocalize.  It was suggested that this bird might be an escapee since it seemed tame.  I do not believe it is an escapee because it didn't have any tags on it (it showed it's legs clearly as it was feeding) and it seemed wary but not skittish of my kids as they were frolicking on the rocks on the beach.  First lifer for 2017 - hoping for a good new year.

Trumpeter Swan
Trumpeter Swan
Trumpeter Swan


No comments:

Post a Comment