Sunday, December 14, 2014

Massapequa Preserve

I did a few quick searches around the 2 ponds Saturday  - by the Pittsburgh entrance I saw a lot of Robins and I believe a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker (quick look).  As I was leaving there was a Red Tailed Hawk over Lockhart.

At the "Doris Place" pond I saw a Goldfinch, Hooded Merganser pair, American Wigeons (no Eurasian yet) and Mallards.  Once again I saw a Rusty Blackbird near the small bridge on the west side of this pond.

On another note I could not find the Barnacle Goose seen at St Charles.  I may have seen a Cackling Goose but was too far way for a positive ID.  I also checked a Canada Goose flock at Lockhart for the heck of it.

Recently around my house I saw a Merlin and 2 Red Tailed Hawks in my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment