Monday, December 22, 2014

Wild Goose Chase

After seeing posts on ABA about a Barnacle Goose at St. Charles I made about 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts of connecting with it - tried St Charles and the surrounding locations as well as Belmont Lake.  After a report Sunday afternoon of the Barnacle Goose at St Charles and 3 Greater White Fronted Geese by Colonial Springs Golf Course I made a desperate attempt to locate them right before sunset.  (I was there earlier in the day)  I was able to find them but couldn't get great photos with the dim light - at least I was able to observe them well with my new Vortex binoculars - although they were among large groups of Canada Geese, they're so distinctive that they were easy to find.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, unfortunately I haven't been birding much lately since I've been working a lot. Hopefully I'll post more this spring.

    ReplyDelete