Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Massapequa Preserve "Patch"

 The temperature dropped a little today where the rest of the week will struggle to reach the lower 70's.  When I went outside in the morning I heard some "new" bird calls that I couldn't figure out yet.  Shortly after, another birder reported a Hooded Warbler at Marjorie Post in Massapequa but I didn't have time to look for it and make it back in time for work.  I went to my new local patch at Massapequa Preserve by Pittsburgh Ave.  I saw a Swamp Sparrow, Black and White Warblers, Phoebe, Yellow Rumps by the pond. Also saw a thrush - assuming Swaison's.  Near the preserve entrance there's a tree with berries that continues to host numerous Robins, Red Eye Vireos, Baltimore Oriole and a bunch of Scarlett Tanagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment