Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Bronx MacGillivray's Warbler - NO : (

 There has been a continuing MacGillivray's Warbler behind a rehab/ hospital in the west Bronx.  It has been seen on a private residence next to the rehab facility sometimes under a toy Barbie truck.  I tried to see it early morning before work but appeared only after I left - oh dam it.  Would have been a lifer.  Later in the day the facility security have been asking birders to leave because the residents have been complaining of the daily constant spectacle of birders with bins/ cameras etc always around their house - who can really blame them.  The warbler has also been seen in a weedy lot on the other side that is visible through a chain link fence from a public sidewalk.  I would have checked there also but didn't have time.  Thinking I might have had seen the bird if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment