Saturday, December 9, 2023

Jones Beach Coast Guard: Western Tanager, Audubon's Warbler and others

 There had been a continuing Western Tanager and Audubon's type Yellow Rumped Warbler.  They have been seen at least up until Dec 27th.  I saw them several times and was able to see and photograph both of them.  There had also been a Snow Goose around Ocean/ Wantagh Parkway.  One day, I also saw a Northen Pintail by the "pond" in front of the Ampitheater parking lot entrance.  On a side note, I did a seawatch at Tobay Beach - only birds to note were Northern Gannets. ( I usually don't enjoy seawatches if it takes a long time to see more uncommon birds)  I also finally visited the JFK Sanctuary trail and walked to the "pond" at the end of the trail.  Was somewhat disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment