Friday, January 12, 2024

Jones Beach Coast Guard Station

 I went to the Coast Guard Station before work to try to find anything unusual (like I always do)  I stopped by the Fishing lot at Field 10 to try for the continuing Marbled Godwits without any luck.  I did see some female type Boat Grackles on the dock.  I went by the Coast Guard Station to try to find anything unusual.  I saw a Horned Grebe which I haven't seen in a while.  I went down the Fisherman's path around to the other side of the Coast Guard Station to see anything in the inlet.  I saw a Common Eider and some Black Scoters - one of the male Scoters was vocalizing - the first time I remember hearing one.  On the way out I didn't see the Western Tanager who has been hard to find recently, but did see the Audubon's Warbler and was able to get better photos then previous times I saw it. (guessing lighting was better - not too bright)










No comments:

Post a Comment