Friday, January 5, 2024

Jones Beach this morning

 I went to Jones Beach Field 10 to try to find the continuing Marbled Godwits - all I saw were 2 Yellowlegs that flew from the curved shoreline out to the marshy area.  Oddly, someone ebirded the godwits at the same time I was there so apparently I either need a scope or I'm looking in the wrong area.  I stopped by the Coast Guard Station - did a quick scan on the spit/ sandbar and water for the continuing immature male King Eider but didn't see it.  However, I stayed in the car and scanned the hedgerows and saw a Yellow Rump looking bird fly in - it was the continuing Audubon's Warbler with a regular type Yellow Rumped Warbler along with some House Finches.  They were in the cedar bushes presumably eating berries.



No comments:

Post a Comment