Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kaler's Pond Audubon Center, Center Moriches, Connetquot State Park, Belmont State Park

I stopped by Kaler's Pond in Center Moriches for a minute -just saw 2 Pekin Ducks at the pond. Connetquot had the normal ducks on the main pond: Scaup, Gadwall, Ring Necked, Mallards. I figured I'd try walking around the grassy areas and also look on the large trees to try for something different but didn't find anything unusual: tons of Robins, Cardinals, Chickadees, Titmouse, WhiteBreasted Nuthatch etc. It's the type of place where you need to walk around a while. I didn't find anything unusual at Belmont Lake except crows feeding among Canada Geese. There was an unsually large amount of crows there in a small area- at least 40 in the field near the exit and the neighboring pine trees. I couldn't help but think to myself that they're "refugees" from Greene County. (sarcastic smiley face)

Scaup, Gadwall - Connetquot State Park

White Breasted Nuthatch - Connetquot State Park

Canada Geese, Crows - Belmont Lake State Park

I stopped by Kaler Park in Center Moriches for a minute -just saw a Pekin
Duck on the pond. Connetquot had the normal ducks on the main pond: Scaup,
Gadwall, Ring Necked, Mallards. I figured I'd try walking around the
grassy areas and look on the large trees to try for something different but
didn't find anything unusual: tons of Robins, Chickadees, Titmouse, White
Breasted Nuthatch etc. It's the type of place where you need to walk
around a while. I didn't find anything unusual at Belmont Lake except
crows feeding among Canada Geese. There was an unsually large amount of
crows there in a small area- at least 40 in the field near the exit and the
neighboring pine trees. I couldn't help but think to myself that they're
"refugees" from Greene County - See more at: http://birding.aba.org/message.php?mesid=651659&MLID=NY01&MLNM=New%20York#sthash.pnr3VKv8.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment