Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Jones Beach West End

I stopped by the Coast Guard Marina in the evening because I had a feeling something would be there - I spotted the continuing Marbled Godwit right away with the mixed flock of Oystercatchers, Black Bellied Plovers and Red Knots that have been in the area.  I noticed an odd colored shorebird next to another "unusual" looking shorebird - turned out to be 2 Hudsonian Godwits!  I believe one was the same I found on Monday and was either joined by a second or the second was already there but avoided my binoculars.  Since I had a good view of the shorebirds Monday, I'll have to assume the second was a new arrival.  2 Royal Terns added to the excitement.

Herring Gull, RMSP
Short Billed Dowitcher, RMSP
Black Bellied Plover, RMSP
Ruddy Turnstone, RMSP
Short Billed Dowitchers, RMSP
Tern, RMSP
Jones Beach Coast Guard sandbar (south end view)
2 Hudsonian Godwits, Oystercatchers, Black Bellied Plovers
Marbled Godwit (center)
more Oystercatchers flying in
Black Skimmers mixed in with the Oystercatchers
Black Bellied Plover
Royal Terns
another view of the Marbled Godwit

No comments:

Post a Comment