Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Long Island - Early January Updates

Normally each time I post I'll list the locations but since I was all over Long Island I'll make a generalization showing the recent sightings.  Highlights for me were some "lifers" including American Bittern, Nashville and Orange Crowned Warblers, Eurasian Teal and Blue morph Snow Goose.  I got a photo of the Barnacle Goose from the side.  Some things not photographed but worth mentioning were 2 Hermit Thrushes seen and chirping to each other, Great Horned and Screech Owls were heard.  Many duck species were seen including a pair of Mergansers.

Snow Buntings
Glaucous Gull
Mockingbird
Boat Tailed Grackle - one of 2 seen at Jones Beach Field 10
Canvasbacks
Canvasbacks
Scaup
Eurasian Teal, Green Winged Teal
Snow Goose, Blue Morph, Canada Geese
Barnacle Goose
American Bittern
Common Eider
Purple Sandpipers
Red Breasted Merganser
Mute Swan
Common Eiders
Gannet
Greater White Fronted Geese
Bald Eagle - juvenile
Nashville Warbler (left), Orange Crowned Warbler (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment