Friday, April 8, 2016

Oak Beach, Fuchs Pond, Sunken Meadow, Avalon Preserve, Quogue Wildlife Refuge: Hooded Warbler

First thing I did was go back towards Oak Beach to get some decent shots of the continuing Upland Sandpiper.  I tried finding reported Pectoral Sandpipers at Captree Island, but could not locate any.  I'm fairly sure I did see a male Blue Winged Teal but I can't 100% confirm.  I went back to Avalon Preserve in the hopes of finding the leucistic Robin again or a Bobwhite - no luck except for 2 Turkey Vultures overhead.  I saw a report of a Hooded Warbler at Quogue Wildlife Refuge - I figured I was into Suffolk County already so was worth a try.  With the help of another birder I found the Hooded Warbler - extremely early in the season.  Also saw Pine Warblers up close at the feeders.

Pine Warbler
Hooded Warbler
Upland Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment