Monday, January 11, 2021

Greenwood Cemetery, Central Park: Common Redpoll, Barred Owl, Greater White Fronted Goose

 I was on the way to NYC Mike's hgolouse and stopped at Greenwood Cemetery "on the way".  I had to try for the Common Redpolls that have been seen there and this time I got lucky - I saw one within about 2 minutes.  I later found a second in the same area.  I also saw goldfinches and pine siskins.

 I have to count but I think I made it to lifer #400

 After meeting Mike we went to Central Park.  We looked for the Barred Owl but a couple said it wasn't there (more about that later).   As we moved on, we met another birder who told us the Barred Owl had been seen ealier that day - strange right?  We went to the reservoir and found the continuing Greater White Fronted Goose.  We went back to where the Barred Owl was reported and a local birder pointed it out to us.  Long story short, I have reason to believe that the couple we met earlier misled us and didn't want to help us see the Barred Owl.  real jerks 






No comments:

Post a Comment