Monday, February 16, 2015

Great Backyard Bird Count

This year's Bird Count was from Friday, February 13th - Monday February 16th - since the weather was bad and I was home anyway, I made a good attempt the count the birds outside my window by the bird feeder - also scanning the sky for anything that might be passing over.  Although I did not see a continuing Chipping Sparrow that has been around, I was happy with the results because I feel like they are generally typical of what I've been seeing around my neighborhood recently.  I've been noticing Mallards have been landing in my area recently so was pleased when I saw a small flock flying low.  The only "miss" that I wish I saw was the one or 2 random raptors that usually are seen around my house.

Red Bellied Woodpecker - not seen on Bird Count
Chipping Sparrow - not seen on Bird Count
Cardinal - from Bird Count

No comments:

Post a Comment