Friday, October 30, 2015

Jones Beach West End, Jones Inlet

I spent the later part of the day and into the evening at the West End - I tried looking for a reported Vesper Sparrow and Lark Sparrow but didn't have much luck - songbird numbers seemed a lot lower than recent trips - even Yellow Rumps seemed scarce.  Tree Swallows were still around but in less numbers.

I walked passed the swale and onto the beach - I found the Peregrine Falcon perched on a fence.  I made the long journey to the jetty stopping every now and then to look out onto the ocean  - saw gulls and Gannets and a bird that I could not ID stealing food from another bird.  On the inlet I saw Ruddy Turnstone, Dunlin and Sanderlings.  A Red Throated Loon flew overhead and I spooked up a single FOS Snow Bunting in the dunes.

Peregrine Falcon
Peregrine Falcon
Peregrine Falcon
Peregrine Falcon
Gannett
Gannett

No comments:

Post a Comment